sd help

faz

after your first 8 week cycle do you do sd for 7,9,or14 days...also can the cycles be longer or shorter than 8 weeks..cheers guys :D

Sure the cycles can be shorter. I would recommend at least 8 weeks though, but if you can't fit 8 weeks in to your schedule, cut it down to whatever you can do. Cycles can be longer too. You can pretty much keep your cycle going until RBE sets in, you are burning out or your joints can't handle the heavy weight any longer.

As for SD... I would go at least 9 days. If you have a longer cycle, or if you didn't do 15s this cycle, I would take a longer SD. Last time, I about 2 1/2 weeks off for SD and when I started over, I really felt it. Incidentally, this cycle seems to be turning out to be my most productive to date, though it is kind of too early to know for sure.

thanks for the help this is my first cycle.....my training partner is going on holiday in 6 weeks for 2 weeks...so i think i will be doing 15s,10s and 3 weeks of 5s then i will be able to have 9 days sd and start back with my freind....i think for my 2nd cycle i might try15s,10s,8s,5s, for 8 weeks..when i learn more about the style i might try a longer cycle and sd...sorry if my replies are a bit late but im in england..cheers mate :D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Totentanz @ June 22 2005,10:31)]You can pretty much keep your cycle going until RBE sets in, you are burning out or your joints can't handle the heavy weight any longer.
What is RBE?

RBE = Repeated Bout Effect

Basically if you are no longer gaining strength or size because you can't lift enough weight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Totentanz @ June 22 2005,9:31)]Sure the cycles can be shorter.
I have my 23 year old on a shortened cycle, 4 weeks (1 week 10 RM, 1 week 8RM, 1 week 5RM, 1 Week Negs all 4X week) . He is about to end his second cycle in a week and so far in 10 weeks he's gained ten pounds, no changes in BF% at all, he's naturally very very lean @ 9% (takes after momma), he's eating like a starved horse.

That's some pretty great gains, especially considering that his body fat % has remained the same. Is he doing the same exercises that you posted for your routine a while ago?
10 pounds of extra muscle must look good when it isn't accompanied by a huge fat gain.

I'm in almost the same boat as him, though I'm a year older... but I'm naturally lean too, usually in the single digits though recently I've gone over ten percent finally. I've found my main hurdle to be diet.
My last cycle was a four week one too (my current is a 10 week) but due to moving and stuff, I wasn't able to focus on diet hardly at all. I still made really good gains in strength at least.

Back