Need a routine

cgutcu

Hello.
Please, I can only train 2 times a week, for 90 min each worktout.
I did this routine for 6 months and gained 10 lbs of lean body mass.I think the results comes for the good nutrition.But now it stoped working.I cant increase my strength for weeks.I do 2 full-bodys workouts a week, a A and a B workouts.See:

A:
Leg press:1x6reps,1x4reps whit 222 kg
Leg curl:2x5 whit 37 kg
Chins:B.W + 30 kg x 4,4
Incline dunbell bench press:32 kg dunbell for 4,3
One-arm dunbell rows:42 kg dunbell for 6,5
Lateral raises:10 kg dunbell for 5,4,3
Triceps extensions:39.5 kg x 5
Wrist curl : 22 kg dunbell for 10 reps, 2 sets

B:
Leg press:same as A
Bench press:91.5 kg x 3,2
Pull-ups:B.W + 22 kg x 4,3
MP:47.5 kg x 5,4
Dips:B.W + 20 kg x 8
Bent-over lateral raises:10 kg x 12,12
Barbell curls:43.5 kg x 4
Reverse-wrist curls:10 kg dunbell for 15,10
Back extensions:B.W + 16 kg x 8

I am 1m76 cm, 73 kg, 12.5% bf.My goal is strength and hypertrophy.I was thinking if this is enougth volume for grow.
I rest 2 mim between sets.When you read,for example, MP 47.5 kg x 5,4 , is one set for 5 reps, than after 2 min rest i do 4 reps.I train very close to faulire on all sets.I like to train very hard whit heavy weigths, and I love bodybuilding.
I think HST is not for me, because I can train 3 times a week, and I will not like the ligth workouts.Maybe I need to change my mind?
laugh.gif

Thank's for any help!!

My best advice to you right now would be to read the FAQs, then read them again! There are massively strong folks here who use sub-max loads as part of their training.

Now read this thread for some ideas on how to improve your workouts:

Simplify and Win!

In the words of Warden Martin (Cool Hand Luke) "You need to get your mind right!"  
biggrin.gif

You said it for me Lol, and I'm thinking also that for a 2x/wk workout, just setting up an A routine and doing it twice would be more beneficial; get rid of the iso's and load up on compounds.
If ya don't grow from that, start eating more.

Simplify and win, dude!

A:
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Leg press:1x6reps,1x4reps whit 222 kg</div>
nope....squats, olympic squats.
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Leg curl:2x5 whit 37 kg
</div>
nope...deadlifts or straight-leg deadlifts
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Chins:B.W + 30 kg x 4,4</div>
Good one.
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Incline dunbell bench press:32 kg dunbell for 4,3</div>
ditto
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">One-arm dunbell rows:42 kg dunbell for 6,5</div>
Good for lats.
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Lateral raises:10 kg dunbell for 5,4,3
Triceps extensions:39.5 kg x 5
Wrist curl : 22 kg dunbell for 10 reps, 2 sets
</div>These are not so important.
B:
Leg press:same as A
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Bench press:91.5 kg x 3,2
Pull-ups:B.W + 22 kg x 4,3
MP:47.5 kg x 5,4
Dips:B.W + 20 kg x 8</div>
All good.
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Bent-over lateral raises:10 kg x 12,12
Barbell curls:43.5 kg x 4
Reverse-wrist curls:10 kg dunbell for 15,10
Back extensions:B.W + 16 kg x 8
</div>Not so important.

Why not just do one workout as Quad suggested:
squats
straight-leg deadlifts
Chins
One-arm dumbell rows
Bench press
MP
Dips

That is all you need. Hit these 7 movements twice/week and skip the other stuff, which is mostly 'filler'.

Thank's.So cut the isolations exercicies.
Now, what about the volume and reps, it is ok?
I want to test max-stim in one movement and see what happens, since I read good coments about it.
Thank's again
smile.gif

IF you have anything left after your 7 exersizes above, you could do max stim at the end of the workout. A possible good additive to that list to use would be cable rows or pullups. Or if you're lacking on a leg part, then a leg iso. Incline bench as another. You will find these 20 reps time-consuming.
Sci set you up a good program there. Eat with that and you WILL grow, bro.

Thank's Scientific!!
These volume whit the routine you gave-me, rigth?
How much rest between sets?
6x5 is not to much volume?
The 2 weeks of max-stim is whit my 5 rm?
Thank's

Ok.I think about doing it:
2 weeks of 15:
85% 90% 95% 100% of 15 rm
2 weeks of 10:
85% 90 95 100% of 10 rm
2 weeks of 5
85% 90 95 100% 5 rm
2 weeks max-stim(now the problem,).My ideia is:
85% 90 95 100% 4rm
The goal on max-stim is 20 reps total per movement, whit m-time begining whit 5 secs, 10 secs, 15,20,25,30 as the fatigue increases.
I will eat a lot on this cycle.We will see what happens.I will put here the results.
Thank's for every one that replied.
smile.gif
smile.gif

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Mar. 29 2007,20:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">6 sets of 5 is not too much volume....you will be ok!
biggrin.gif
</div>
Yeah, 6 x 5 is fine but you may not be alive at the end of it.  
ghostface.gif

biggrin.gif

Seriously though, a lot of folks do just fine with a total rep count of 20 per exercise.

I don't care what the bros say, 6 sets of 5 can be a lot when you get to the real poundages in a &quot;straight across&quot; set. (all same weight) You just have to feel it out and see what you can do. The main thing is that in the fives, try to do some work; you are increasing strength here for the next cycle with more weight, so don't be afraid to push it at the end. If you can't do 6 sets, do 5, if not 5, do 4, or 3...just keep the poundage coming up.

Quadancer is right, do as much as you can, but at the end of cycle, drop the volume if you need to in order to keep the load increasing. Progressive load is very important, and sacrificing volume is OK at the end of a cycle.

Back