Most Effective Mass Building Exercises

wrestlingmark

I was wondering, WHAT ARE THE MOST EFFICIENT EXERCISES FOR BUILDING MASS FOR EACH OF THESE BODYPARTS LISTED? I have to bring my posterior delts up to size to match my front delts, so I don't look like a banana peel. I want my hams to be nearly 80 % as big as my quads so I don't look like Paris Hilton Version Male, my calves to match my leg development so they don't look like toothpicks, and my back and lats to differ from pretty much every single person in my gym. Someone with the knowledge and credible resources, please help me out. Also, I will be using HST. So, i will need these exercises with HST in mind ala I won't be able to get 15 or 20 reps with pull ups.
And how about good exercises to use for these bodyparts when doing negatives?!

Bodyparts:
1-Hamstrings
2-Middle Back/Rhomboids
3-Posterior Deltoids
4-Lats
5-Calves(Gastrocnemius)
6-Calves(Soleus)
7-Abdominals/ Obliques(single exercises or combination)

OK, bad post i guess.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wrestlingmark @ July 12 2005,7:29)]I was wondering, WHAT ARE THE MOST EFFICIENT EXERCISES FOR BUILDING MASS FOR EACH OF THESE BODYPARTS LISTED? I have to bring my posterior delts up to size to match my front delts, so I don't look like a banana peel. I want my hams to be nearly 80 % as big as my quads so I don't look like Paris Hilton Version Male, my calves to match my leg development so they don't look like toothpicks, and my back and lats to differ from pretty much every single person in my gym. Someone with the knowledge and credible resources, please help me out. Also, I will be using HST. So, i will need these exercises with HST in mind ala I won't be able to get 15 or 20 reps with pull ups.
And how about good exercises to use for these bodyparts when doing negatives?!
Bodyparts:
1-Hamstrings
2-Middle Back/Rhomboids
3-Posterior Deltoids
4-Lats
5-Calves(Gastrocnemius)
6-Calves(Soleus)
7-Abdominals/ Obliques(single exercises or combination)
1. Straight Leg Deadlifts
2. Deadlifts (may be Rows, someone else may answer this)
3. Not sure, i'm under the impression that delts grow as a whole
4. Chins and Deads =)
5 and 6. As 3, i believe one muscle grows as whole. Donkey calf raises would be best b/c more stretch = more stimulis
7. Nelson Sit-ups although they are hit during compound movements, they stabalize the body *

* If you're just looking to see your abs, they may be developed enough and you just need to lose bodyfat to see them

Negatives : I'd use the same exercises personally. You can do negs with chins, ab work. Some exercises i wouldn't recommend doing negatives, Deadlifts and Squats. I'd cluster rep. Keep increasing the weight, but have a rep total in mind. So say with your negative weight you can only do 2 reps. Use as many sets as needed, even if 1 rep at a time, to reach 10 reps or so. Whatever number of reps you were doing during your 5's phase.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wrestlingmark @ July 12 2005,6:29)]3-Posterior Deltoids
4-Lats
I like to "add" lying rear delt raises to 1 arm rows for rear delts. I often do giants sets of these.

For lats my personal opinion is that weighted eccentric chins or key. Of course I do these after building up to my eccentric weight loads over the course of my HST cycle. I think you will find you can use considerably more weight eccentrically than concentrically.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ July 19 2005,5:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wrestlingmark @ July 12 2005,6:29)]3-Posterior Deltoids
4-Lats
I like to "add" lying rear delt raises to 1 arm rows for rear delts. I often do giants sets of these.
For lats my personal opinion is that weighted eccentric chins or key. Of course I do these after building up to my eccentric weight loads over the course of my HST cycle. I think you will find you can use considerably more weight eccentrically than concentrically.
How do you perform your one arm rows for rear delts?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OneMoreRep @ July 19 2005,4:12)]How do you perform your one arm rows for rear delts?
I don't do anything special. I do them in the "usual" way.

When combining them with lying rear delt raises I do the rear delt raise first and then immediately do a set of rows for that same side before switching to the other side.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ July 20 2005,1:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (OneMoreRep @ July 19 2005,4:12)]How do you perform your one arm rows for rear delts?
I don't do anything special. I do them in the "usual" way.
When combining them with lying rear delt raises I do the rear delt raise first and then immediately do a set of rows for that same side before switching to the other side.
What is the purpose of doing them giant set this way?
How does that = more growth?

Back