Max Size Calculator and Navy BF% Test

Maximuscrates

Hey all,

My first question is for the max size calculator on HST.
http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/maximum-size-calculator.html

Are the max values for flexed or unflexed muscles?

Is the max chest size for full breath or no breath or half breath?

My third question is for the Navy bf% calculator metioned in another thread earlier.
http://www.he.net/~zone/prothd2.html

When measuring abdomen across the belly button, do you flex or let it bloat out or suck in? Its out further if I have just eaten a lot.

Does anyone have the formulas for these two methods so I can put it into my excel sheet?

Factor 1: (Total body weight x 1.082) + 94.42
Factor 2: Waist measurement x 4.15
Lean Body Mass: Factor 1 - Factor 2
Body Fat Weight: Total bodyweight - Lean Body Mass
Body Fat Percentage: (Body Fat Weight x 100) / total bodyweight

Don't flex.

Just a minute, I'll find a link to the site I found telling how to do proper measurements.

Here you go:

QUESTION: How do I take my measurements?

ANSWER: For the wrist measurement measure the circumference around your wrist just below the styloid process (towards your hand, not your elbow). (The styloid process is the bony lump on the outside of your wrist.) The hand should be open.

For the ankle measurement measure the circumference of your ankle at the smallest point between the calf muscle and the ankle.

All of the bodypart measurements are taken "cold" - without a "pump".

* Neck - Measure below the Adam's apple at the smallest part.
* Biceps - Raise the arm to shoulder height, flex the elbow, contract the biceps (the typical "make a muscle pose").
* Forearms - Straighten the arm with no bend in the elbow or wrist, and hold it at an angle away from the body. Clench the fist (with the hand out straight, not bent down into a gooseneck) so that the forearm muscles are contracted. Run the tape below the elbow at the point of greatest size.
* Chest - Stand erect. Pass the tape around the back at nipple level and bring it together in the front. Make sure the tape is straight across the back. Do not spread the lats, keep them relaxed during the measurement. Don't expand your chest by sucking in lung-fulls of air; just relax and breathe normally.
* Thighs - Stand with feet apart and thigh muscles relaxed. Measure the thigh just below the buttocks at the largest point.
* Calves - Stand erect with thighs and calves relaxed. Do not stand on the toes. Measure at the largest part.

In all of these measurements the tape should be snug, but not pulled tight compressing the flesh.

From this site:
Your Maximum Muscular Bodyweight and Measurements

U jst can't get any DUMBER than a wannabe Schwarzenneger who doesn't even know how to take measurements properly. So sad. Really representative of this sub-par forum and sub-par training methodology, loaded with folks who *think* they actually know a thing or two about body-building.

High Intensity Training is really the only way to go, unless you are a retard or a girlie girl who want to work submaximally MOST of the time. What a bunch of retards!

I bet my dad can kick your dads ass.

and I bet my dog could eat your dogs ass and your dog would like it and wouldn't stop him because your dog is a fag.

I can be immature too but I try not to.
tounge.gif

Hey Maximus
laugh.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I bet my dad can kick your dads ass.

and I bet my dog could eat your dogs ass and your dog would like it and wouldn't stop him because your dog is a fag.

I can be immature too but I try not to.
tounge.gif
</div>
That just had me laughing to no end
biggrin.gif

Good attitude. Don't let rude comments get under your skin. I believe your questions were valid - in fact, I believe I had the very same questions about measurement several months ago. After all, we have to start somewhere right?
smile.gif

Cheers,
-JV

Most people flex their pecs when they measure their chest, and etc etc. So it's a good idea to get a standard method for measurement. Gee, newbies are supposed to automatically know how to measure themselves?

yeah, he's a bit of an a-s-s, isn't he?
laugh.gif
(sorry for the word)
In his world, people are born with Dan's brain and Cutler's body, so they all know everything about BB stuff, and they all look like the hulk
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
crazy guy
laugh.gif

Hey Neebon, your formula gave me a nice 13.4% BF.

But it doesn't take into account height or neck size.

I found this formula online

%Fat=495/(1.0324-.19077(log(abdomen-neck))+.15456(log(height)))-450

but when using it in a calculator by hand or in excel I get a different answer than the one of their webpage. Probably order of operations. Can anyone spot a mistake?

EDIT: Never Mind, I needed to use cm instead of inches.(and I am from Canada eh?)

I got 12% with both formulas. I want to get down to 8% which would mean trimming down my waist to 29inches as I dont think my neck size is going to change and i think its like the height measurement for the purpose of determining your frame size.

The formula without height seems like it would give a very short person an inaccurate number.

This is where I got the other formula http://www.bblex.de/en/calc/navy.php

I am not in too big a hurry to cut though, I need to bulk more. I am trying 4 days bulk(+600) and 3 days cut(-400) for a bit to see how it works out for me. Could it just average out I wonder and not gain or lose?
rock.gif

NeeBone, that was extremely accurate compared to my weighted average of three different skinfold tests.

WEIGHTED AVERAGE
bf%: 12%
lbm: 183.04

YOUR EQUATION
bf% 12.25%
lbm: 182.53

One question? Waist measurement is exactly where? I put in 33 inches which is my pants size and it gave me that, so I may be right with my assumption?

Hey Raw deal

Save your bad guy attitude fro the gym where it counts.

You are peddling Hell and we're all in heaven it just doesn't gel, mate!
laugh.gif

Stop being an ass and either learn something or get lost! We don't need guys like you, we're all mature, most have jobs and families and a life.

If I can remember correctly O &amp; G told to get yourlself one.
laugh.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jun. 30 2006,00:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">NeeBone, that was extremely accurate compared to my weighted average of three different skinfold tests.

WEIGHTED AVERAGE
bf%: 12%
lbm: 183.04

YOUR EQUATION
bf% 12.25%
lbm: 182.53

One question? Waist measurement is exactly where? I put in 33 inches which is my pants size and it gave me that, so I may be right with my assumption?</div>
Yup, across the belly.

Isn't it rather amazing how accurate a simple calculation can be? The human body never fails to amaze me (not as much as human stupidity but thats a different conversation!!!
biggrin.gif
)

Ok this is weird. I'm getting 19% bf with the logarithm version (definitely wrong) and 12.9% with the method I posted (more accurate). Go figure.

Back