I didn't know where to put this so i put it here

BigJ

I am currently getting a headache around midway through my workout.

Is this due to low blood sugar or something?

How do i stop it?

Any ideas appreciated...

Drink 16 oz before leaving to work out. Take a gatoraid with you. Drink some gatoraid before starting, then throughout until the end.

If that doesn't work, aspirin prior to working out might.

when i first started working out, I used to get exertional headaches - intense mothas - they'd last for up to a week, and be quite debilitating.

It was like a double throbbing up a dual pathway from my neck to my head, and the onset was when i exerted myself in chinups or squats for example - the weeks following, the slightest thing could set it off, even light cycling (though it wouldn't be as intense then).

I started taking an aspirin just before working out, and the problem disappeared - i did this for a month, then stopped aspirin, and problem has never reappeared.

I think it was blood pressure related - coz movements like squat raise BP very suddenly to very high levels from what i've heard.

Does this sound at all like what you were experiencing?

there was another thread about this. I forgot where it is. It is a not so uncommon occurance. I know that is of little help. I will try to find the thread. -- Bob

It is during weight lifting workouts.

It could very well be the hydration thing. I'll see if more liquid helps - thanks again..

Back