I can't sleep on SD

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Is this normal, or am I weird?

I think youre weird lol
laugh.gif

I can't get any proper sleep for around 8 hours after I workout so I sleep great during SD. If you're having trouble falling asleep you might just be stressing out to much.

Restless brings up a great point about your being over stressed. You are overthinking SD WAY too much. Taking 9-12 (or even more) days off of training will not kill you. Look around and see how many people NEVER exercise. Most of them are fine. Maybe overweight, but they're not all sick.

You're obssesing over it and making it alot worse than it has to be. The excess cortisol from all the stress is detrimental though, so I would try and relax. Once you get to the end of the cycle, you'll be looking forward to SD, just wait and see.

I went to see a doc today to see why I was feeling so awful. Losing 7lbs of muscle in a week is almost impossible to acheive, even with low cals and bad mentation. I knew there was something going on and I was wondering if it was the antibiotics I had been taking.

Doc said it was probably the meds I was taking. The first doc put me on Cipro for an assumed prostate infection. According to doc #2, not only was Cipro not necessary, it was likely the cause of my side effects; the first doc was completely wrong to prescribe Cipro. I keep wondering why he did that, even after my awful episode with Bactrim DS (also unnecessary).

Why do doctors prescribe unnecessary antibiotics?

The SD probably contributed almost nothing to my problem.

I'm guessing that somehow my body knew that it had something bad in it, so I felt the an urge to get it out and exercise; to sweat it out; to get that crap out of my system. Combine that feeling with my naturally high aggression and well, what happened.

A couple of things:

1. Much of the problem with over prescription of antibiotics is patient driven. The patient comes to the doc with complaints. Even though it's most likely a viral infection, the patient feels he/she needs "something" to get rid of the infection. Since a virus doesn't respond to antibiotics, this is futile. The doc knows this, but patients can be insistent. We just completed a study on a rapid strept test that interestingly showed that 30% of the time patients were prescribed antibiotics when they were not needed. There was no positive test to confirm a strept infection, but since the symptoms were present, the antibiotics were prescribed.

2. You don't sweat antibiotics out of your system. Drugs are excreted via the kidneys (urine) or the intestines (feces).

and most antibiotics will kill off your intestinal flora, so that explains a potential source of your weight loss (there is several pounds of bugs in there)
combine that with some glycogen loss, and there ya go

Back