HST Routine

dsjw123

Hi,

I am looking to maximize my hypertrophy gains. I have been training seriously for about 4-5 months, with Tom Mutaffis 3-Day Split, and I moved on to PHUL by Brandon Campbell. However in both of these routines, I have only found strength gains, but hypertrophic gains are close to none. This is why I am looking at HST. I have read a lot of the training logs and FAQs and I still do not understand HST.

I am wondering if this routine (from bodybuilding.com) would suffice for HST? Or do I have to have a Workout A and Workout B? I have seen many training logs that do 15 reps in a week, then move on to 10 reps, and eventually 5 reps. Is that a must for HST, or can I stick with 10 reps and the same exercises throughout my HST run?

Legs
Squat - 1x10
Stiff Leg Deads - 2x10
Legs
Squat - 1x10
Stiff Leg Deads - 2x10
Legs
Squat - 1x10
Stiff Leg Deads - 2x10
Legs - 9
Chest
Incline Bench - 2x10
Dips - 1x10
Chest
Incline Bench - 2x10
Dips - 1x10
Chest
Incline Bench - 2x10
Dips - 1x10
Chest - 9
Back
Chins - 2x10 (W.N.)
Rows - 2x10 (W.N)
Back
Chins - 2x10 (W.N.)
Rows - 2x10 (W.N)
Back
Chins - 2x10 (W.N.)
Rows - 2x10 (W.N)
Back - 12
Traps
Shrugs - 1x10
Traps
Shrugs - 1x10
Traps
Shrugs - 1x10
Traps - 3
Shoulder
Shoulder Press - 1x10
Lateral Raise - 1x10
Rear Delt - 1x10
Shoulder
Shoulder Press - 1x10
Lateral Raise - 1x10
Rear Delt - 1x10
Shoulder
Shoulder Press - 1x10
Lateral Raise - 1x10
Rear Delt - 1x10
Shoulder - 9
Biceps
DB Curls - 2x10
Biceps
DB Curls - 2x10
Biceps
DB Curls - 2x10
Biceps - 6
Triceps
Tricep Ext. - 2x10
Triceps
Tricep Ext. - 2x10
Triceps
Tricep Ext. - 2x10
Triceps - 6
Calves
Calf Raise - 2x10
Calves
Calf Raise - 2x10
Calves
Calf Raise - 2x10
Calves - 6
Abs
Crunches - 2x10
(Or Pick Your Own)
Abs
Crunches - 2x10
(Or Pick Your Own)
Abs
Crunches - 2x10
(Or Pick Your Own)
Abs

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Download and read the book, it should help. Routine looks ok, volume may need tweaking though. Don't forget diet.

When I try to download it, it asked me to enter the words so that the download could be authorized.
But whenever I key in the correct answer, it always refreshes the whole page. So there wasn't a download link generated.

Weird, I just downloaded it in firefox with no issue. I guess I'll have to get a couple mirrors up or something.

Try clearing cache and cookies yet?

Weird, I just downloaded it in firefox with no issue. I guess I'll have to get a couple mirrors up or something.

Try clearing cache and cookies yet?

Yes, I've tried clearing cache and cookies but still na-uh.
Could you kindly upload it to mega.co.nz? That's one of the only file sharing sites that work for me. Thank you!

Back