Help with selecting a powder

Mikie

whoa I am a bit lost. I am looking for a good protein drink, and if I can get a few calories in, all the better. But after browsing DPS nutrition site, yeah lol....

I was looking at this one, Powder

anyone got any comments on it, or a powder in general?

Thanks!

looks pretty decent. I think most people would recommend buying plain old whey & adding things to it for added calories, but if you're looking for something that's already put together it should be fine. Cytogainer & Real Gains are popular brands as well.

PS- good find on DPS. their site's not as slick as most others, but I think they have the best prices.

I order from DPS Nutrition all the time. Good prices and quick shipping. I don't know anything about the AST Muscle XGF product. But I do know that AST products are a bit more pricey than a lot of others.

Thanks guys. I think I will just go with a basic Whey and forget the extra calories, atleast for this cycle. I don't think I know enough about all the stuff listed that is in that particular drink to wanna put it in my body
smile.gif

If you want more calories in your shakes, just add your own extras. Olive oil, peanut butter, assorted fruit are all popular things to add to your shakes in order to increase the calories. I prefer olive oil because it contains some decent fats, plus I'd rather just eat the peanut butter by itself instead of ruining it by throwing it in a shake.

ewwww, yeah PB in a shake is just wrong!!!! lol.

what I have been doing so far is having a protein bar and a banana about an hour before working out, then after working out go straight into cooking dinner. From what I gather, especially after the W/O, a protein drink would be better then waiting for dinner. I got interested that I could get 350 or so calories with my protein drinks, but i dont know enough about those things to know if how they are getting those calories is good for me or not, so I will order a straight whey powder and see how I do. I kind of giggled at the 1200 calorie weight gainers, with recommendations to take before/after work out, AND before bed...although I guess some guys are at that level maybe?

How much olive oil do u add to your drink, and how many calories does it add if you dont mind me asking? I am a lean dude so bumping my calories up is very important to me.

<div>
(Fausto @ Sep. 05 2007,05:43)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">1 g fat = 9 calories</div>
Yup, a tablespoon comes out to about 120 calories.

Like Tot said, just add stuff to your whey shake.

One that I like is:

2 cups milk (skim, 2% or whole milk depending on how much fat you want in the shake)
2 scoops vanilla whey
1 banana
1-2 TBS peanut butter

Not sure on the exact calorie count but it's pretty good!

<div>
(Bulldog @ Sep. 05 2007,13:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Like Tot said, just add stuff to your whey shake.

One that I like is:

2 cups milk (skim, 2% or whole milk depending on how much fat you want in the shake)
2 scoops vanilla whey
1 banana
1-2 TBS peanut butter

Not sure on the exact calorie count but it's pretty good!</div>
yeah I think I am diggin on this route better than the stuff I was looking at with the calories added. I am not sure about blending in a banana and PB with it tho, i am kinda picky(ok, picky as hell) about texture, but I could see the milk+powder+the olive oil+eating the banana.

cool beans, a plan! Thanks guys.

Back