dumbbell front raise

• Thread starter imported_fearofthedark
  • Start date
I

imported_fearofthedark

Im starting to integrate alot of biomechanical concepts in my workouts. As I start lifting heavier and heavier, im going to risk injury if my lifts are not biomechanically sound.

It seems like the only thing resisting the weight in the front raise are the shoulder ligaments which are infamous for injury. Since Im always adding more weight with HST, i am now front raising 30lbs and i did not like the feeling i got in my shoulders from this lift. It feels if i were to use a little more, id probably risk injury.

Should I cut it out and just bang out the military presses? Thanks

No, just keep going until you hurt yourself. Just kidding. With all the pressing compounds movements in most people's workout; the front delts get plenty of work. Front raises aren't really necessary for the majority.

Hi fearofthedark

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It seems like the only thing resisting the weight in the front raise are the shoulder ligaments which are infamous for injury

A bloody good reason to stop it I'd say, You have an issue with front delts?

Try incline bench 45 degrees, should do a pretty good job, accentuate more if needed to 60 degrees.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Should I cut it out and just bang out the military presses?

Still the best compound exercise for all round shoulder development I know of, so why not, and please...go heavy...you sound like you could be banging 60 - 70 Kgs for 5's (or maybe at the negative stage).

Beware of the behind the head variety not sooo kind on the shoulder either, do it the right way, the military way.
laugh.gif

Good luck,  
tounge.gif
 hey, posts us when they are looking like half rugby balls.
laugh.gif

Back