Desperatly need a program

A

andysutils

I have this gym equipment and have been doing general excersises on it but i dont have a routine to work to.

http://www.gymworld.co.uk/proddetail2/3047.jpg

I desperately need to gain some mass because im 27 years old, 6ft and weight only a disasterous 62kg

I know the bench is not the best in the world, but its a start, i also have barbells and dumbells and plent of weight discs.

Would really be very greatful if somebody could point me in the right direction.

<div>
(vagrant @ Jan. 02 2007,20:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Bulldog @ Jan. 02 2007,17:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Did you read this yet?

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html</div>
You beat me to it.  That is a very good site, an excellent program.  Check it out.  I highly recommend it to anyone looking for something new.</div>
I don`t think the program on the main page is that good. On the example program there you have 14 exercise while you only suposed to do 4-5 exercise each practice.

I don't know man, doing that stuff on the front page for 2x15, 3x10, 5x5 put 30lbs on me over the summer. Of course it took up to 4 hours a day in the 5x5 part of it because of the extended STR time I have to have...but it worked.

I wasn't suggesting you do that exact workout.  But if you read through all of that you should be able to put something together from what you learn.  You could also check out the Simplify and Win thread.

Let me correct bulldog. You must read the simplify and win thread. I almost make a program of 13 exercises. Lucky me, someone refer me to that tread right in time.

thanks guys, i found this one as it stated some guy with a similar build problem to me followed this and succeeded.

All consist of 3 sets

Monday
Bench press 1-12reps
weighted dips 1-12reps
bend over rows 1-12reps
weighted chins/pullups 1-12reps

Wednsday
Squats or leg press 1-12reps
Seated shoulder press 1-12reps
Tricep extensions 1-12reps
Barbell curls 1-12reps

Friday
Bench press 1-12reps
weighted dips 1-12reps
bend over rows 1-12reps

Does this look adequate??

<div>
(vagrant @ Jan. 03 2007,09:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I don't know man, doing that stuff on the front page for 2x15, 3x10, 5x5 put 30lbs on me over the summer. Of course it took up to 4 hours a day in the 5x5 part of it because of the extended STR time I have to have...but it worked.</div>
How many days did you follow it?? and on which days did you do this workout??

<div>
(andysutils @ Jan. 03 2007,14:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">thanks guys, i found this one as it stated some guy with a similar build problem to me followed this and succeeded.

All consist of 3 sets

Monday
Bench press 1-12reps
weighted dips 1-12reps
bend over rows 1-12reps

Wednsday
Squats or leg press 1-12reps
Seated shoulder press 1-12reps
Tricep extensions 1-12reps
Barbell curls 1-12reps

Friday
Bench press 1-12reps
weighted dips 1-12reps
bend over rows 1-12reps

Does this look adequate??</div>
That program will not result in very good muscular or strength gains for someone who is natural and has more than a few months of training under their belt.

Since you are already on the HST site anyway, you may as well read the HST article, read the stickies in the HST forum, then come up with a routine and have us here all check it.

A really good routine would be something like:

Squats
Deadlifts
BB Bentover Rows
Incline Bench
Weighted Dips
Weighted Chins/Pullups
Military Press

Follow HST principles for weight progression, etc, eat plenty of food and you will grow.

<div>
(Avi1985 @ Jan. 04 2007,10:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">All those exercises  on the same training, or to alternate?
And how many sets?</div>
TOT has only wrote down 7 exercises thats
cool.gif

do 1set each 15s
2sets each 10s
3sets each 5s
so even in the 5s you will only be doing 21 sets tops that will take you less than an hour.good luck
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

ive looked but cannot find anything on what reps and sets are.

if i bench press 15reps does this mean ill lift the weight up and down 15 times?

If i do 2 sets of 15reps does this mean ill lift the weight a total of 30 times? is it 15x2 sets? is that what it means?

Sorry im really dumb at this.

Not to worry - these things can be less than obvious. 2 sets of 15 reps does mean to lift the weight 15 times, have a short rest, then do this again - i.e. to lift it 30 times in total.

thanks for info, so the equipment i have is enough to get me the result i need then do you think???

<div>
(Totentanz @ Jan. 04 2007,21:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">No, you will also need food.  Lots of food.</div>
Sorry yes, of course and food aswell.

<div>
(andysutils @ Jan. 03 2007,14:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(vagrant @ Jan. 03 2007,09:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I don't know man, doing that stuff on the front page for 2x15, 3x10, 5x5 put 30lbs on me over the summer. Of course it took up to 4 hours a day in the 5x5 part of it because of the extended STR time I have to have...but it worked.</div>
How many days did you follow it?? and on which days did you do this workout??</div>
One day on, one day off. NO CARDIO.

Now, I'm not recomending to do it as extreme as I did it. And would never recommend that anyone skip cardio. That was the biggest mistake I ever made in my life.

I do like the gains though. They will be slower now that I'm doing cardio again.

<div>
(vagrant @ Jan. 05 2007,11:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(andysutils @ Jan. 03 2007,14:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
How many days did you follow it?? and on which days did you do this workout??</div>
One day on, one day off. NO CARDIO.

Now, I'm not recomending to do it as extreme as I did it. And would never recommend that anyone skip cardio. That was the biggest mistake I ever made in my life.

I do like the gains though. They will be slower now that I'm doing cardio again.</div>
its the gains i want though more than the cardio, im a thai boxer so im very cardio fit already, but will this have any advantages in weight training??

your thai boxing training will be more than sufficient. The advantage to cardio when working for gains instead of cutting is that you stay in good cardiovascular shape, allowing you good workouts when you don't run out of breath on your first set of squats.

Back