Dealing with complications

Singleton

I am now reaching failure without increasing weight due to strength decline.

Last cycle, I did 0 days of SD. I got mixed results, but I think the biggest problem was that I was doing only 1 set for bench when I should have done 2.

This time around, I started out lighter. I had ingested some poison (Ciprofloxacin, an antibiotic, drug name "Cipro") for a week and I knew I wouldn't be as strong.

I decide to base my heaviest weights lower (guessing), and for deads, I decided not to start out at 225X15, but to start out at 185x15. I did start at 185, but I had to back down to 135 the following WO.

All of my exercises are like this. Weight is decreasing and I am reaching failure.

Day 1:
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">
WG PD
CG PD
deads
C. Row
[/QUOTE]
Day 2
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">
Incline Press
Pec dec
Arnold Press
Camb bar Curls
CG Camb bar Press
[/QUOTE]

I'm finishing up 15's now with much less weight.

I'm a little stale on those exercises and I want to switch up and get a new routine for 10's. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm fishing for ideas.

Good day Singleton.

Replying in specific:

&quot;Last cycle, I did 0 days of SD.&quot;

What made you do that? Is it a typographical error?

&quot;I had ingested some poison (Ciprofloxacin, an antibiotic, drug name &quot;Cipro&quot;) for a week and I knew I wouldn't be as strong.&quot;

There must reason for your ingesting this poison. I shan't argue the esoteric merits or otherwise, of ingesting such &quot;poison&quot; but perhaps, you were ill and in need of medication? Your illness has compromised your strength?

Why don't you take a good rest, yes. Once all symptoms of your illness is gone, take another 10 days off from training before resuming lifting. Meanwhile, you can do deep-breathing exercises and horizontal meditation. Refrain from stretching, lifting, posing etc during this moment of rest.

From your previous posts I can understand which direction you are coming from. I too have an interest in yoga and the energy yoga can unlock. Would be good if we started another thread on this.

Meanwhile, get well soon and happy HSTing :)

Why 0 days? Well, it was my first time.

I didn't want to take time off. I didn't feel like it. I generally don't like taking days off. Poor living conditions, no job. Not much else to do but exercise. I was loving the shape I was in and seeing improvements. I think I would have made much better progress if I had included more volume for my chest. I did make some progress, but then I got on bactrim when I was starting 5's, and I thought that I'd be better off doing my outside workouts and yoga. I was feeling bad. Then I got off bactrim. Then I got on Cipro. Then I started my real SD, which I hated even more because the Cipro made me feel so bad.

---

So, back to now.

Going to do more Yoga. 2x/week, like I was before.

I think I'll also break up my workouts to include more variety. Instead of 2 workouts, I'd rather have 4, with perhaps fewer exercises per workout.

Some days, I don't feel like working out hard. It takes a long while to raise my body temperature, and I never go heavy when my body temperature is low. On these days, I do more warm-up sets. I also tend to do more self-myofascial release, and stretching.

Other days, I am just ready to lift right away. I don't feel like wasting time on the foam roller or balance balls. On these days, 1-2 light sets and I'm ready for my main set.

In the past, whenever I have a day that I feel like I am too sore, overtrained, or can't get warmed up, I'll do stretching, self-myofascial release, light weights-- maybe get a little pump, stretch, and squeeze-- and afterwards I alternate hot/cold showers or use the steam room or sauna.

I'm not looking forward to my current routine (above) so much lately. Some days, I really want to do it, but other days, I feel like I'm overtrained. Since I am on a fixed regime, I think that I should stick with it and not do other extraneous things like stretching and pumping or unscheduled exercises.

So, I'm thinking that I CAN do some active recovery, but that I should also schedule an alternate workout, so that I will feel fresher each time.

Going into 10's, now. Going to add 2 alternate workouts. Thoughts on this?

Back