confused, again..

madcat

ok. so Ive worked out all of my maxes and I'm ready to begin my first cycle. Well, almost.... I have a question, I have browsed the forums but don't really have a solid understanding.
For example... I've recorded my max reps for biceps using the straight bar curl the results are as follows.
15's - 90 10's - 105 5's - 125.

I want to increase the weight by 5 pounds each workout but my problem is this. When I reach the 15 rep max on my 6th day the weight is 90 pounds. Then my first workout of 10's should be 95 pounds, second workout will be 100, and the third workout will be 105. So already into the third day of the 10's I've hit my max, but there are 6 days in the 10's cycle.
Can I just repeat the 105 weight, and add an extra set each day untill the end of 10's?

You can either repeat the weight, or "zig-zag". By zig-zag I mean start with a slightly lighter weight when you start your 10s.

Please read the thread on Zig-Zagging in the FAQs section for more info.

thumbs-up.gif

Thanks alot Bryan, that is exactly what I was looking for.
One more quick question. I read in ekto's post that you should do a 9-14 day deconditioning after establishing your max weights. Is this really neccessary after two workouts? I'd like to start this upcoming Monday, but will wait if it is beneficial.

:)

Back