chins ?

kinney1

no lat pulldown machine, what should i do for the sets of 15 for chins? (i can't do 15 chins by the way) Thanks.

Assuming you have a chin bar, use a chair to support your feet- sort of a crude assisted chin, but it works, especially when you start adding weight. Also, pay real close attention to your negs- before HST, I couldn't do more than 3-4 pullups. Then, I started doing negs, and got up to 12-15 reps after about a month. You'll probably find that you can do more after your 5negs is the moral of the story! BTW, if you want to hammer your lats, do pullups, not chins- the latter involves your bis more than you might want.
Jake

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]BTW, if you want to hammer your lats, do pullups, not chins- the latter involves your bis more than you might want

there is an alternative take on that. by doing pullups (palms facing away from up) you are putting your biceps in a weaker position than they would be in a chin up (palms facing toward you). Your biceps would tire more rapidly, limiting the load you are able to use, and number of reps you could acheive with any given load. Therefore, limiting the amount of load and work you can subject the lats to. You are weakening an already weak link in lat work.

i personly dont believe it matters. do whichever you prefer.

Back