Best exercice for V shape

I third the motion, if you can't do 15 then do what you can and add a couple of negs, IE stand on a bench that gets your sternum to the bar and then hold yourself up, curl your legs underneath you and slowly (2 to 4 secs) let yourself down. Tomorrow you WILL know where your lats are, believe me.

Doesn't palms facing work more your biceps and palms away wide grip work your lats, since I'm new too I would like to know proper form.

Doesn't palms facing work more your biceps and palms away wide grip work your lats, since I'm new too I would like to know proper form.

When doing chins the back of you hands should be facing you..
If your palms are facing you, the motion/exercise is called pull-ups.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ June 11 2004,3:52)]Be born with wide shoulders and narrow waist
Touché!
laugh.gif

what exercise would you guys recommend for someone who can't even do one chin-up or pull up? I do close grip pull downs and wide grip seated rows at the moment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neo @ May 27 2004,10:41)]Hi.
What is the most efective exercice for the famous V shape?
"Any" exercise that will build the lats will contribute to your width below your shoulders. Any exercise which builds the medial delt will help a tiny bit, but not much.

Probably the most effective means to attain or create a V-shape is to diet down to a very low body fat. I would offer 6-8% will be necessary if you aren't already heavily muscled.

By getting down to a low body fat level you will both decrease the size of your waist, and at the same time create detail in the upper body musculature thereby giving the allusion of muscle size in the upper body.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bigben @ June 14 2004,12:22)]what exercise would you guys recommend for someone who can't even do one chin-up or pull up? I do close grip pull downs and wide grip seated rows at the moment.
Supersetting Lat pull downs and Bent Barbell Rows seem to work good, also if you have access to a lat pullover machine that hits them real well. If you don't and you have a high cable, take a dipping belt and put a 24" 2X4 inside the belt with some padding and use that as a quasi lat pullover machine. BB lat pullovers work but are hard to keep the movement correct, in my experience, which believe me is limited. If you want a picture of the dip belt quasi lat pullover contraption let me know and I will email you one.

i always heard palms facing you was a chin, palms away a pull. so i looked and to my surprise exrx.net says palms face away in both exercises!! im not even sure how they differentiate the two.

Back