Adjustable Olympic Dumbells

Techo

Hi all, I dont' know if this would classify as Home or Commercial equipment, but the thread starts here. After a recent move, my closest gym has dumbells that only go up to 70 lbs. That's usually not that big of a deal, however it will limit my options on the inclined bench. So for a solution, I thought about purchasing some adjustable olympic sized dumbell handles. That would allow me to pile on more weight then I can ever lift since I do have access to a few olympic plates. Here are a couple images of what I'm talking about:

Here

and

here

My two biggest concerns with this product would be the bulkiness and stability. I imagine it's going to be awkward benching w/35 lbs plates and a bar that's over 20" long. Also, maybe it was a different prodcut, but I thought I read a thread about someone having their plates slide off while using these. I'd think some decent collars would help - who knows.

I'd love to hear opinions/feedback on this product from any and all!

I work out at home and I use Olympic dumbbell handles.  I do like them, but they are awkward and a bit cumbersome if you try to load the big plates on them.  When using heavier weights I use a barbell.   I don't have a problem with the length of the dumbbell handles and haven't had a problem with their stability.

Back