Creatine Ethyl-Ester vs. Monohydrate

I

imported_davie2k0

What do y'all think? (im not actually southern, sorry for the y'all...) :)

Ive used Omega Thunder and also NO-XPlode. LIke them both okay but i didnt get great results from Thunder...

Richard Kreider Phd. says it makes no difference, the idea that creatine monohydrate is poorly absorbed doesn't seem to be justified. The scientific proof that CEE compounds are any more advantageous than monohydrate is yet to be presented.

So if you wish to use it go ahead but I doubt it's any more helpful than monohydrate.

Speaking of price generally monohydrate is less expensive per serving that CEE, in some cases 50% or more, so why pay more.

An example; one maufacturer makes both (name not being mentioned) their CEE is $39.95 for 200 servings, their Micronized MonoH is $19.95 for 200 servings, a 10 cent per serving difference. That's $20 that could be spent on something else.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]That's $20 that could be spent on something else.

like a case of beer
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ Aug. 16 2005,12:57)]Richard Kreider Phd. says it makes no difference, the idea that creatine monohydrate is poorly absorbed doesn't seem to be justified. The scientific proof that CEE compounds are any more advantageous than monohydrate is yet to be presented.
So if you wish to use it go ahead but I doubt it's any more helpful than monohydrate.
Speaking of price generally monohydrate is less expensive per serving that CEE, in some cases 50% or more, so why pay more.
An example; one maufacturer makes both (name not being mentioned) their CEE is $39.95 for 200 servings, their Micronized MonoH is $19.95 for 200 servings, a 10 cent per serving difference. That's $20 that could be spent on something else.
Anyone tried the Actijube creatine chews that are supposed to be pH balanced in the gut? I'm trying it now and would be interested in anyone's experience with it. It's not cheap- I paid $20 for 40 x 3 gram chews but I thought I would give it a shot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Anyone tried the Actijube creatine chews that are supposed to be pH balanced in the gut? I'm trying it now and would be interested in anyone's experience with it. It's not cheap- I paid $20 for 40 x 3 gram chews but I thought I would give it a shot.

From my experience asking any questions about whether supplements work on this forum is useless. Everyone is so quick to say that they are garbage and they are a waste of money without trying them. It seems to me that if a supplement isn't sold on HSN or isn't an Anabolic Steroid they are a waste of time according to most of the guys on the site. I've had some great results with supplements that were really put down on this forum. It's only 20 bucks, big deal. I think it was worth the shot.

Joe G

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joe G @ Aug. 20 2005,5:16)]From my experience asking any questions about whether supplements work on this forum is useless.
its nice to know bodybuilders are still out there to purchase all of the quality supplements out there.

efficacy be damned

Hey Joe :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]From my experience asking any questions about whether supplements work on this forum is useless. Everyone is so quick to say that they are garbage and they are a waste of money without trying them. It seems to me that if a supplement isn't sold on HSN or isn't an Anabolic Steroid they are a waste of time according to most of the guys on the site. I've had some great results with supplements that were really put down on this forum. It's only 20 bucks, big deal. I think it was worth the shot.

As far as I remember, that's because only Creatine has been proven to actually work, and monohydrate vs. anything else Creatine is simply not found to make any difference at all. The rest of the supplements that claim miraculous gains simply won't make those gains.

Now, that's not saying HSN is the only credible source of supplements. Aside from Creatine, HSN only offers mainly protein, and where you get your protein doesn't matter so much as long as it agrees with your stomach. Buy at GNC, or from ON, or Designer. Still good protein. Most people here just say supplements are "garbage" because of false or exaggerated claims they may have. Aside from doing what protein does, no "super mixture" will make you grow like the Hulk. Most people here simply warn people that those supplements aren't magic, and if you have no protein deficit in your diet or anything like it, they won't do you much additional good. But if you do lack protein, then supplements are for you, simply because they will give you the protein you need.

Supplements are what their name suggests: merely supplements. That means you need them if you lack what they provide. A good diet would, more often than not, have little need of supplements. Properly used, supplements can be pretty good. But they are no magic bullet, as most of their advertising claims will have you believe.

Again, I'm not defending HSN or anything. I'm just trying to clear the air and remove whatever confusion is around.

Regards,
-JV

Davie, dkm,

Thanks for the post and response, I had this exact same question.

I am not a chemist or a pharmicist. I believe I am benefitting from posts on this forum that claim this or that supp. is not beneficial or no more than something else. There are so many claims it is impossible to try everything which has a hypertrophy claim.

That's the big problem with supplement companies, they take one obscure study and promote a product based on one single source or worse yet a very biased one. This is amazing to me as once you start digging into it you find that no other work found the same results and even though there may be something to it, in the broad spectrum of hypertrophy it's very miniscule.

In response to Joe G. It's not that all supplements are BS, it's simply a matter of being prudent, and in all honesty if you are so dead set on throwing $20 dollars in the toilet, it's your money, but personally I would rather you spend it on something that will at least benefit you. Caveat Emptor.

Anyone have any experience with Green Bulge? nasty name haha but I'm hearing some good things about it. Who knows?!

I can't stomach regular creatine mono so lately I've been using creatine p/12 (kre-alkalyn)

Back