how much creatine

faz

i have just finished the loading phase of reflex creapure creatine monohydrate..it says for maintanance take 5gms a day for 8wks then stop for 4wks...
do i start the loading phase all over again after the 4wks..
and does anyone take more than 5gms or should i stick with the rscomended dose :D

Just take 5 mgs daily. You don't need to stop or repeat the loading phase. You don't really even need the loading phase. If you really want, you can just keep taking 5 mgs daily for the rest of your life and you will be fine.

Totentanz, I think you meant 5 grams, not 5 mgs. 5 grams is roughly 1 heaping teaspoon. And as far as loading is concerned, I agree, it's not necessary. But if you really want to get your creatine stores filled as fast as possible, or for some reason you think it's going to make a difference, then it's fine to take 10-20 or so grams per day for a few days. It can't hurt, although it might give you the runs
butbut.gif

Yes, loading phase is not needed. I take something with three grams before I workout and then a recovery drink with 2 grams after.

Crap, you're right. I think I might have meant to type gms instead of mgs... I don't know. I had just woken up, so that's my excuse.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Crap, you're right. I think I might have meant to type gms instead of mgs... I don't know. I had just woken up, so that's my excuse.

Well, that's a good enough excuse for me! You should see me whenever I wake up
laugh.gif

By the way, Toten, are you by any chance Shadowspawn, magickal kingodm moderator?

Yep, I didn't realize the posts I made there about HST were showing up on google. I've got a few people into HST so far from my posts there about it... though not before giving out really bad advice in the past about fitness, before I had bothered to dig any deeper than the fitness magazines you find everywhere.

i know were your coming from tot hope no one reads some of my old posts on some uk forums :confused: especialy when i am trying
to push hst..i have made a few converts :D

Int. J. of Sports Med. recently published a study showing long term dosage of 10gms creatine daily was fine in healthy people.

Yeah, from what I've taken from research and on HSN, 5grams of creatine is just fine, and no loading phase is needed.... I really gotta start adding this stuff to my diet!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Totentanz @ Oct. 10 2005,3:43)]You don't really even need the loading phase. If you really want, you can just keep taking 5 mgs daily for the rest of your life and you will be fine.
There are researchs about the long term use of creatine (<1 year) but longer periods have not been tested. Possibily there are no side-effects but one can not be sure.

The difference between loading and not loading is the speed when your ck reserves are full. Other that that, none!

Well I've been taking 5gms a day for 3 years now . . . no, doesn't mean much, but there's likely a few million people taking creatine and so far (touch wood) I'm not aware of a specific negative effect amongst the population.

Back