MICRONIZATOIN OF CREATINE

Toma

Brian

What exactly Does Micronization of creatine do?

I've had problems with other creatines. I think the impurities caused my kidney pain I have found one brand that works well, no pain. They say it 100% pure, pharmaceutical grade.

I just startedusing HSN Primer & Driver & really like them both! No gas! Good tasting.

I noticed you also carry creatine. is it also pure & pharmeceutical grade? Does that make a difference & do companies have to meet certain criteria to make that claim?

Thanks,
Tom

Micronization means that the grains of it are smaller, so they mic easier.

I think your woes would have to do with impurities in certain (mor impure)creatine products, perhaps you are more sensitive to them than others.

I am sure that Bryan offers the highest quality creatine available, though I have not personally used it myself :)

Hi Toma,

Yes, as the insane man himself said, "micronized" simply means smaller grains. This just helps it desolve faster by creating greater surface area. Other than that, it is no different from regular creatine monohydrate.

Yes, HS:CRE contains pharmaceutical grade creatine. It is the creatine I use myself (obviously) so I insisted that it be as pure as you can get.

will there maybe also be a version of hsn creatine with a special transportation matrix such as crea vitargo?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wolge @ Jan. 16 2004,1:49)]will there maybe also be a version of hsn creatine with a special transportation matrix such as crea vitargo?
No. It would be a waist of the consumer's money. It would also eventually damage HSN's reputation.

Things like special "transportation matrixes" take advantage of people's lack of understanding about creatine, the body, nutrition etc.

Before I ever began offering supplements to consumers, I wrote as an advocate for consumers, in hopes of protecting them from the supplement industry. Now that I offer supplements myself, I have to remain true to my readers and to myself.

Bryan, what do you think about liquid creatine? Is it true that it has a greater absorption rate than the powder?
In an Italian forum, some guys were talking about a brand that produce a liquid creatine that it is supposed to have an absorption rate of 100% without the problem of the degradation into creatinine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ghostrider @ Jan. 16 2004,3:42)]Bryan, what do you think about liquid creatine? Is it true that it has a greater absorption rate than the powder?
In an Italian forum, some guys were talking about a brand that produce a liquid creatine that it is supposed to have an absorption rate of 100% without the problem of the degradation into creatinine.
Unfortunately for consumers, liquid creatine is a scamm. Here is a quote froman industry journal:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Date: 4/16/2003

A study presented at the 2003 Experimental Biology Meeting today in San Diego, California comparing the effect of creatine monohydrate powder to “creatine serum” marketed by M***** M******** USA, in side-by-side, placebo controlled tests show that while creatine monohydrate supplementation increases creatine levels in muscles by about 30 percent, the M***** M******** USA creatine serum product is totally ineffective, equivalent in performance to the placebos.

Consumers should not be misled by the claim stated on MM***'s creatine serum labels that it contains creatine equivalent to 2.5 g of creatine monohydrate. Accepted analyses by many reputed scientists show that MM***’s product does not contain any significant amounts of creatine but a degradation product, creatinine, instead [1]. Another earlier study showed that creatine serum had no effect on plasma creatine levels [2].

Muscle biopsies on subjects taking creatine serum according to the instructions on the "creatine serum" label (1 serving a day for 5 days) showed no effect on muscle creatine. Even a higher dose of creatine serum intake (8 servings a day purportedly providing 20 grams/day of creatine monohydrate equivalent for 5 days – supplementing more than one complete bottle (1 1/3 bottles)) resulted in no significant effect on muscle creatine or ATP levels. This study was designed and supervised by a leading and widely-respected authority in the field, Prof. Richard B. Kreider, of the Exercise & Sport Nutrition Lab at Baylor University, in collaboration with Dr. Darryn Willoughby at Texas Christian University and Dr. Mark Tarnopolsky at McMaster University in Ontario, Canada [3]. According to Dr. Kreider. “The best way to determine the potential efficacy of a creatine product is to measure the effect the supplement has on increasing muscle creatine stores. Creatine monohydrate supplementation resulted in a significant increase in muscle Creatine. In contrast, this study clearly indicates that low and high dose ATP Advantage™ Creatine Serum has no effect on muscle creatine or ATP levels, hence Creatine Serum is ineffective in enhancing performance.”

Any claims that creatine serum produces the desired effects of creatine monohydrate are unfounded. No peer-review articles show that creatine serum in fact increases creatine levels in the blood or muscle. The scientific literature shows the opposite to be true [2,3].

[1] A.K. Dash, A. Sawhney. A simple LC method with UV detection for the analysis of creatine and creatinine and its application to several creatine formulations. J Pharm Biomed Anal 2002, 29, 939-945.
[2] A. Almada, R. C. Harris, D. B. Harris. Ingestion of creatine serum has no effect on plasma creatine. FASEB J 15:LB61, 2001.
[3] R Kreider , D Willoughby, M Greenwood, E Payne, G Parise, M Tarnopolsky. Creatine Serum supplementation has no effect on muscle ATP or creatine levels. Federation of American Societies of Experimental Biology Annual Meeting. April 15, 2003. San Diego, CA.

Here is link to more info on liquid creatine:

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/cgi-bin....reatine

As long as we're on the subject, Bryan, do you have any plans for any creatine "non-responder"-type product?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jsraaf @ Jan. 16 2004,8:27)]As long as we're on the subject, Bryan, do you have any plans for any creatine "non-responder"-type product?
No, that would be a bit deceptive. Eveyone's muscle tissue will take up supplemental creatine. However, not everyone notices significant changes in bodyweight everytime.

You stil derive the benefits of increased creatine and phosphocreatine in your muscles even if the scale doesn't apear to move.

One thing that has led to the idea that it doesn't do anything on "some people" is the fact that some companies have sold poor quality creatine. Another issue is "how" a person takes it as well as when.

For me, I would rather have somebody simply not buy my product if they feel they are a non-responder, rather than convincing them to buy a different product from me that is based on false pretenses.

The only products to be sold under the HSN brand in the foreseeable future are:

Protein powders
Meal replacements
Ready-to-drink proteins
Ready-to-drink MRPS
Bars
Carbohydrate powders
Essential fatty acids/CLA
Glucosamine/Chondroitin/flavone
HMB
Vit/Minerals

The reason for this is that the only other thing that has any effect on muscle growth are hormones. HSN doesn't sell hormones because of the controversial nature of them. I want HSN to be around for a long time and become a company that people trust, even if they don't buy everything from HSN (i.e. hormones, ephedrine hcl). I will shy away from selling drugs for this reason.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ Jan. 17 2004,1:17)]Unfortunately for consumers, liquid creatine is a scamm.
They were talking about this.
Do you think it's the same as MM****'s creatine?

Thanks for the link.

that page is funny

Even if it is better than powdered creatine (which is 100% unlikely, because powdered works perfectly well in all the research, and once your saturated it makes no difference anyway) your paying 3-5x the cost.

Back