Creatine ingestion AFTER workout

Its funny that they refer to studies about increased blood flow to muscles aiding uptake, yet they still can't break out of the mind trap of post exercise supplementation rather than pre-exercise.

Bryan, I remember that you've always suggested that creatine was to be taken pre-workout, and I remember something about an experiment done on a stationary bike, but I can't seem to find the study..
Does my memory serve me correct? And can you guide me to some studies showing creatine uptake when consumed pre-workout?

I don't think this is the one that Bryan pointed too, but it does show a better effect or resynthesis with preexercise supplementation

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez....2043832

Also

Effect of exogenous creatine supplementation on muscle PCr metabolism.

Francaux M, Demeure R, Goudemant JF, Poortmans JR.

Institut d'Education Physique et de Readaptation, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium. [email protected]

31P NMR was used to assess the influence of two weeks creatine supplementation (21g x d(-1)) on resting muscle PCr concentration, on the rate of PCr repletion (R(depl)), and on the half-time of PCr repletion (t 1/2). Body mass (BM) and volume of body water compartments were also estimated by impedance spectroscopy. Fourteen healthy male subjects (20.8+/-1.9 y) participated in this double-blind study. PCr was measured using a surface coil placed under the calf muscle, at rest and during two exercise bout the duration of which was 1 min. They were interspaced by a recovery of 10 min. The exercises comprised of 50 plantar flexions-extensions against weights corresponding to 40% and 70% of maximal voluntary contraction (MVC), respectively. Creatine supplementation increased resting muscle PCr content by approximately 20% (P= 0.002). R(depl) was also increased by approximately 15% (P< 0.001) and approximately 10% (P = 0.026) during 40% and 70% MVC exercises, respectively. No change was observed in R(repl) and t1/2. BM and body water compartments were not influenced. These results indicate that during a standardized exercise more ATP is synthesized by the CK reaction when the pre-exercise level in PCr is higher, giving some support to the positive effects recorded on muscle performance.

Hopefully someone can give you some more insight

BTW, how ya been

Great stuff, Daniel!!
thumbs-up.gif

I'm doing fine. I've been off the HST program for a while - I needed a change, so I've experimentet with some dual factor and some traditional split training. My strength has increased in almost every exercise, but my bodymass hasn't.
Therefore I'm currently SD'ing getting ready to kick a$$ with a fresh HST cycle (the lost son has returned!! )
happy.gif

And thanks for asking ;)

I hope you're doing fine too..

Cheers,
Nicolas (a.k.a. Flexi)

Back