looking to develop definition/ "cut" vs. mass

slateef

i've been using HST principles for a couple of months...

i've seen development of mass, but too be honest, i'd rather have the "cut" look, if you know what i mean...i'd rather have excellent muscle definition, rather than just look "big".

should i be using a different set of principles? maybe do more reps/sets with lower weight?

any advice would be much appreciated!

thanks....

Just remember that you cant have both..if you want to look cut you cannot gain more muscle mass when cutting and when gaining mass you will get also some fat :confused:

Tcup, that's wrong, so stop spreading fallacies.

You can get bigger while losing fat, it's just a much slower procress. You need to be eating slightly over maintenance. The gains will come slowly, and you will recomposition your body over the course of time. Eating less overall carbs than anything else is usually advised for this.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Chthonian @ Aug. 22 2005,11:59)]You need to be eating slightly over maintenance. The gains will come slowly, and you will recomposition your body over the course of time.
How many of us can really adjust the balance that you gain muscles without putting any fat efficiently?

I was right but if you want split hairs so be it..i`d rather gain more fat for a half year with good gains than try to count each gram and gain the same amount of muscle in 2 years ;)

In terms of a health perspective, yo-yo dieting can be detrimental. I was simply pointing out it's possible to do both. I never said I advised it.
laugh.gif

I'm in agreement with you, especially if someone is looking to add ~40 lbs. to their frame - they'd be better suited by bulking on a solid program for a short time, cutting down, and then tweaking or specializing with a caloric level slightly above maintenance.

Back