Do you carry a log around with you as you work out

• Thread starter imported_davewins
  • Start date
I

imported_davewins

just curious if you guys memorize every weight you are going to do and every exercise or you bring your routine on paper with you??

Personally I bring my stuff with me. I usually know the weights that I'm doing and all that, but I just don't want to screw anything up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wwewrestlingguy @ Feb. 07 2006,5:58)]Personally I bring my stuff with me. I usually know the weights that I'm doing and all that, but I just don't want to screw anything up.
Same here. Gotta have my little notebook with me.

I've always kept a training log but an HST log is my favorite because I don't have to write anything in it! It's all pre-recorded. Just a quick glance and I'm away. I use a printout which has the weight for each end of the bar rather than the total weight (for all barbell exercises). It's so simple I hardly have to engage my brain! :)

I train at home, so if I can't remember what weight I'm supposed to use, I just have to glance at my computer... which happens to be in the same room as my equipment.

Always my log and a pencil to jot reps completed and how difficult I perceived it to be.

After my deads it looks like a four year old penciled in the entry
tounge.gif

I use a log[book] if I'm measuring maxes or not doing HST (which hasn't been for a while). If I'm doing an HST cycle I'll have a little printout about the size of a credit card i can keep in my pocket with the week's weights on it. I have an Excel spreadsheet that works out all the weights for the whole cycle and has a summary sheet to print off with eight weeks of workouts.

I definitely carry a log. Hard to remember everything. :)
Also wear a watch so I can time my rest periods. Helps to get in and out in an hour.

Keystone

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't carry a log around as its too heavy and really slows down my workout hahahahah

LOL

I usually have a clipboard with me at the gym....lately Ive been sort of just winging it tho.

Joe G

ya, I totally assumed this post was about working out with a poop on deck.... :) guess that is just my sophmoric mind at work....

Back