Where Is Everyone?

Hey cool, progress while in school, that's great!
What's your split/frequency per muscle look like on your routine?

Hey cool, progress while in school, that's great!
What's your split/frequency per muscle look like on your routine?

Technically, it's Push-Pull-Off-Legs-Push-Pull but a lot of weeks it ends up being Push-Pull-Off-Legs-Off-Push-Pull. I'm fairly busy nowadays, but I try to keep to the former as often as possible. So I'm hitting each body part twice a week on average. Was working in 60-75% range doing 6-15 reps per set. Now I'm upping the load on the primary movement to 85-90% and doing doubles and triples and backing off a bit on intensity of the accessory movements.

Push: bench, kneeling landmine press (rest-pause), db chest flies, db lateral raises. Pull: weighted pull-ups, machine rows (rest-pause), lat pulldown (rest-pause), wide-grip standing cable rows, cable bicep curls. Legs: Sumo deadlift (just started doing these again, all I had been doing were heavier romanians), romanian deadlifts, smith machine split squat, and I'm thinking of doing quad extensions again.

I do a combination of straight sets and rest-pause. Rest-pause has worked for some movements and not worked for others. My lat pulldown has gone up 30lb due to it but my weighted pull-ups have been fairly stagnant (though some of that is due to weight gain) so I switched over to straight sets.

Ok, so about every 4th to 5th day per muscle then?
Like Monday push, tuesday pull, wednesday off, thursday legs, friday off, saturday push etc?

Man, if that's working, thats' great. I actually enjoy a 3 way split, you can really concentrate on the muscle group rather than dividing your energy all up with a full body.
Thanks for the info!

Ok, so about every 4th to 5th day per muscle then?
Like Monday push, tuesday pull, wednesday off, thursday legs, friday off, saturday push etc?

Man, if that's working, thats' great. I actually enjoy a 3 way split, you can really concentrate on the muscle group rather than dividing your energy all up with a full body.
Thanks for the info!

Yeah, very true. And I enjoy the higher volume training. I want to see how much strength I can add in the next couple months with higher loads, but when I'm back in school, I may have to jump on the full body bandwagon like HST so I can save time. There were times last semester where I essentially lived in the library...

Back