Deadlift

Well I've started off at the beginning of my cycle using 30kg (about 66 pounds) ...so I might start increasing the poundages quickly :D

Although in my defense I'm just learning the movement at the mo - and I'm not putting the bar down in between reps, which makes the weight much more respectable! :confused:

I'm just going to keep upping the weight and see where I get to, I guess a target of about 100kg for 5 rep max (220 pounds) is realistic to begin with given my bench 5RM max.

One thing I'm definitely going to do is start quoting weights in pounds, it makes them seem a whole lot more impressive!

Cheers guys

Rob

[b said:
Quote[/b] (robefc @ June 16 2005,7:46)]One thing I'm definitely going to do is start quoting weights in pounds, it makes them seem a whole lot more impressive!
or, just use the number of pounds but don't specify the unit, so people have to wonder if maybe you meant 220 kg.

To answer a few questions:
I do partials because I use deads as a back exercise more than anything, so partials allow me to use more load than a full dead would.

I use an overhand grip personally. Feel more pull in my back that way. No straps. Reset my grip between most reps.

5rm maxes when I bulked last cycle natural on my 11th hst cycle. 5' 10" 200lbs. endomorph 16% bodyfat level.

shrug bar dead lift (full range of motion) 425lbs.
flat barbbell bench press 300lbs.
weighted dips body weight (200lbs.) + 150lbs. strapped on waist
weighted chin ups (200lbs.) + 60lbs. strapped on waist
barbbell squats (upper legs at parallel with ground) 255lbs.
Seated row machine 235lbs.

2nd HST cycle, first cycle doing deadlifts. (first time ever actually)

2x10x 87.5kg (About 192lb)

Overhand grip. Used gloves for that last day as I all but rolled by callouses off the time before.

Grip failed on second set, so had to momentarily release bar and grip again on rep 6 and 8. Gonna have to work on my grip for sure.

I'm 77kg (169lb) bodyweight, 177cm (5ft 10)

I flat benched 60kg (132lb) on my last cycle of 10s (doing incline presses this time around) I've always had a crap bench, but my technique is getting better- more contribution from the chest rather than arm strength.

Back