Can I put creatine in my whey drink?

AlexCA

Hi again, I've been told in some sources that it's best to have protein right before a workout (which I always do) and sometimes I'm told that it's best to take your daily dosage of creatine right before.
Is it alright to just put creatine in my milk+whey drink then? I usually have creatine with grape juice and I never feel like having 2 very different types of drinks right after one another unless water is one of them (maybe it's just a psychological thing, but i sometimes worry that mixing them will make me puke
crazy.gif
). so i might just combine the whey and creatine with the milk if this alright--i don't think grape juice would work!!

btw, how much creatine do you guys usually have each day (after the loading phase is over)?

Yeah i think it's fine to put creatine in your protein drink. That's what I do anyway. I also think that Bryan has mentioned that it is better to take creatine before working out since your muscles will absorb more of it while working out. And I think you should take 3-5 grams per day after the loading phase. If you want a really good explanation about creatine though, go to this post.

Supplement FAQ

As every one else has said, yes.
Try to get micronised creatine, becasue normal ones will make you whey 'gritty'
Not too disgusting, but some dont like it

As far as supplementation with Creatine, Glutamine etc, do you treat your training / non training days the same? If you train on Monday, but are off Tuesday, what differences would I see in what you take?

Thanks

Am I the only one who puts my daily serving of creatine directly into my mouth and then pounds a glass of water???

It works like a charm, and you don't have to worry about getting the creatine stuck to the bottom or sides of the glass.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kama45 @ June 10 2003,3:13)]Am I the only one who puts my daily serving of creatine directly into my mouth and then pounds a glass of water???
It works like a charm, and you don't have to worry about getting the creatine stuck to the bottom or sides of the glass.
tounge.gif
guilty
thumbs-up.gif

I prefer doing that with HST creatine. Other stuff is more granular and takes longer to rinse.

well I tried this and ended up spitting powder all over the place and bearly choking when I tried to down too much water at once!

but now I've got the technique down of emptying the scoop on your tongue its great - feels like some sort of candy...come to think of it I might try it with sherbert too
happy.gif

Back