Energy drinks

Ronan

I know some of these are fairly high in sugar, and may not be a good idea to include in one's diet. I'm just curious to know if others drink these, or if you're using some other form of "energy booster".

I only started drinking one in the mornings when it was my turn to get up through the night with my 3 week old baby daughter. Dang kids... :confused:
sleeping.gif

I usually supplement with crack and meth for a truly supercharged morning workout. Afterwards, I drink green tea.

Seriously, I have yet to find a reasonably healthy stimulant that doesn't have a rebound effect. Even caffeine catches up with you sooner or later. The closest I've come is with the supplement, Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR) - a nice pick-me up with virtually no crash (for me at least).

BB

Wedge,

Thanks for the input. I'll have to check into the ALCAR, sounds like it's worth a try.

As for the crack and meth, I would rather keep my teeth. So maybe I'll just mix a Red-Bull and a Mountain Dew in the mornings! LMAO

If you are interested in a stimulant for use during workouts, I'm hearing lots of good feedback about GO from BlackStarLabs.com . I haven't tried it personally, but those that have say it's crash-free. There is a fair amount of discussion on it over at Avant.

Another thing you can try, pre-workout, is 25mg of ephedrine. Take it w/ your pre- shake, chew it up first. I've been using this recently & noticed a nice boost.

If you are looking for general pick-me-up dietary additions, however, not much help from me there.

You guys every have luck with Ginseng?

I tried some Korean Red Gensing in high school and it seemed to give me loads of energy. In retrospect I wonder if it was all psychological or if it was in fact working. I'd tend to lean more that it was working becuase there's no way I could have obtained all that energy from my head =P. The stuff consisted of a concentrated liquid extract that was held under the tounge every morning. hehe, I guess the only possible side effect was mono.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Techo @ Dec. 20 2003,5:43)]You guys every have luck with Ginseng?
some ginseng can contain ephedrine alkaloids

there doesnt seem to be a lot of consistency in the research

for energy try 10-30 mgs of ritalin, 2 hours before the start of your workout, together with two cups of espresso ( around 120 mgs.of caffeine).

half an hour before the workout, take a preworkoutshake ( wheyprotein and creatine), contaning a little dextrose ( a little meaning not making the shake tasting too sweet)

i know, having been diagnosed ADHD, helps with the ritalin.

bye
andré

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ronan @ Dec. 18 2003,12:23)]As for the crack and meth, I would rather keep my teeth. So maybe I'll just mix a Red-Bull and a Mountain Dew in the mornings! LMAO
Red Bull has a reduced (or sugar free) version avail, the can is a lighter blue color...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I really appreciate the input, you guys ROCK!

"Red Bull has a reduced (or sugar free) version avail, the can is a lighter blue color..."

I just found this over the weekend and have since switched to this one. Thanks!

What about green tea? Have any of you tried it? I have heard it is actually better for you than "black" tea.

Maybe I will try this for my supplement "budget" is getting pretty low. Two little girls and Christmas tend to have that effect on your wallet! :)

Ronan,
Green tea is good in my opionion. Have heard it's even an anti-oxidant.

Also have read that tea is a diuretic (maybe green is different?), so drinking water w/ it may be a good idea.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

My personal favorite is Rockstar Energy Drink. Comes in a 16oz can for slightly more than an 8oz Red Bull. Tastes a lot better than Red Bull as well.
Great for hangovers, though if I drink the whole 16 ounces at once, I'm not hungry for like 8 hours. This has been reported by a 350lb buddy of mine as well :)
But I can't even get them in Canada because of stupid laws.

BTW: Rockstar comes in the diet variety, which isa pretty solid.

Back